This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure for more info!
Are you interested in making money online with Clickbank? Do you wonder if Clickbank University 2.0 is the right training for you? If this is you, please keep reading.
In this post, I will walk through Clickbank University 2.0. Let’s look into the details of the training, find out the good and the bad, and finally discuss the alternative of it.
Clickbank University 2.0 Review
- Clickbank University 2.0 Review
- What is Clickbank University?
- Who are behind Clickbank University 2.0?
- What’s inside Clickbank University 2.0?
- Clickbank University 2.0 Product Vendor section
- Week 1- How Everything Works
- Week 2- Finding Your Perfect Product
- Week 3- Creating Your Avatar
- Week 4- Course Content Creation & Outsourcing
- Week 5- Your Perfect Upsell to Maximize Sales
- Week 6- High Converting Sales Copy
- Week 7- The “Easy” VSL
- Week 8- Finalizing Your Product via Builder
- Week 9- Getting Up On Clickbank
- Week 10- JV Managing
- Week 11- Split Testing
- Week 12- How to Scale
- Clickbank University 2.0 Affiliate Marketing Training
- Week 1 Affiliate Marketing on Clickbank
- Week 2- Understanding Affiliate Marketing
- Week 3- Finding Your Passion
- Week 4- the Ultimate Affiliate Funnel
- Week 5- Free, Free, Free: Always Over Deliver
- Week 6- Writing The Perfect Swipe
- Week 7- The Email Blueprint
- Week 8- Scaling and Expanding
- Bonus – Running Affiliate Promotions
- Traffic Section
- ToolKit Section
- How much does Clickbank University 2.0 cost?
- Pros & Cons of Clickbank University 2.0
- Final Thoughts – Is Clickbank University 2.0 legit?
What is Clickbank University?
Clickbank University is Clickbank’s flagship training and community service. It aims to educate aspiring online entrepreneurs to make money with Clickbank platform.
Clickbank University 2.0 offers two different sets of training for Product Vendors and Affiliate Marketers.
As a product vendor, you create and publish digital products such as e-books or video training courses.
As an Affiliate Marketer, your job is to promote other people’s products for commissions.
I will go into more details of both sections in this review.
Who are behind Clickbank University 2.0?
Clickbank University was the brainchild of Justin Atlan and Adam Horwitz. To be honest, there is not so much information about the duo. I don’t have any proof to verify their credentials.
According to Clickbank, at the age of 17, Adam had the No.1 selling product on Clickbank. He grossed over $1 million in 7 days.
Justin Atlan was pulling in a full-time income through affiliate marketing on Clickbank at the age of 18.
I decided to ignore these profit claims. Instead, I will look into the course details and the way they deliver the training in this review.
What’s inside Clickbank University 2.0?
As mentioned in the introduction of this post, Clickbank University offers training to both Product Vendor and Affiliate Marketers.
It is best to pick your track before getting started with the training.
Are you going to start with being an Affiliate or a Vendor?
Now, let’s look inside the course.
There are 4 main sections within the Clickbank University 2.0:
Let’s look into more details of the Vendor section.
Clickbank University 2.0 Product Vendor section
If you are planning on starting as a vendor, you will be joining Justin Atlan. Justin leads the vendor section.
The Vendor section is about teaching you how to create digital products and how to market them.
The vendor section is a 12-week program. The first 3 weeks of training videos are unlocked for you to start with, and the rest to be unlocked week after week. You can choose to unlock all of the training within the training portal.
Week 1- How Everything Works
In this module, Justin first discusses the importance of having the correct mindset as well as Goal setting. He also explains the advantages of creating your own product.
The key topic of this module is about starting your Product Profit Plan. You need to start thinking about your passion, the profitability of the niche and your own experience. These three elements need to work together to make the plan successful.
Topics covered in Week 1:
- Product Profit Plan
- Mindset for Success
- Creating Goal Fuel
Week 2- Finding Your Perfect Product
Week 2’s module teaches you how to find your perfect product to create. In this module, Justin walks you through the Clickbank marketplace, exploring different types of products, and also analyzing your competition.
Topics covered in Week 2:
- Discovering Your Passion
- Analyzing Your Market
- Learning From Your Competition
Week 3- Creating Your Avatar
Avatar refers to your potential customers. In this module, Justin talks about how to identify the Avatar’s need and desire. Next, you will learn how to pitch to your avatar to make them buy your product.
Topics covered in Week 3:
- Finding Your Avatar’s Desires and Fears
- Creating Your Elevator Pitch and USP
- Choosing a Name and Domain
Week 4- Course Content Creation & Outsourcing
This is the module in which you will learn how to create your product.
Topics covered in this Week 4:
- The Ultimate Outline
- Product Formats
- The Content Structure Blueprint
Week 5- Your Perfect Upsell to Maximize Sales
In this module, you are learning about all the tips and tricks to create your own upsells.
Topics covered in Week 5:
- Understanding the Numbers
- Upsell types & faster, easier or better
- Upsell Sales Copy & Pricing
Week 6- High Converting Sales Copy
One of the essential skills of a digital marketer is copywriting. In this module, you will learn how to create a sales letter and videos.
Topics covered in Week 6:
- Basics of Copy
- The Big Idea
- A Copy Template
Week 7- The “Easy” VSL
Week 7 focuses on the creation of a Video Sales Letter. In this module, you will learn how to do text VSL. In other words, you are creating a video sales letter without having to get in front of a camera.
Topics covered in Week 7:
- PowerPoint Process
- Camtasia Tech Training
- Outsourcing Slide Creation, Voiceover, Video
Week 8- Finalizing Your Product via Builder
Week 8’s lessons teach you how to finalize your product with Clickbank Builder. You will learn the tricks to get visitors to your page and convert them into customers.
Topics covered in Week 8:
- Customer Experience Flow
- Sales Page Creation
- Product Page Creation
Week 9- Getting Up On Clickbank
Upon completion of your product, it is time to list them in the marketplace like Clickbank. In this module, you will learn how to set up a Clickbank account and create a marketplace listing.
Topics covered in Week 9:
- Setting Up Your Website and Items
- Making a Test Purchase
- Creating Your Marketplace Listing
Week 10- JV Managing
Week 10 is about learning how to recruit Affiliates and JVs to promote your products.
Topics covered in Week 10:
- Affiliate Mentality and Approach
- Creating Affiliate Tools
- Getting Into the Affiliate Circle
Week 11- Split Testing
During Week 11, you will learn how to do split testing. This process helps you to determine the best promotion method to use for your products.
Topics covered in Week 11:
- The Testing Blueprint
- How to Test Using Tools
- The Clickbank University Case Study
Week 12- How to Scale
This module is related to the Traffic section of Clickbank University 2.0. It teaches different methods to expand your traffic.
Topics covered in Week 12:
- Funnel Creation with Affiliate Offers
- Creating a Product Line
- Coaching, Consulting, Speaking
Clickbank University 2.0 Affiliate Marketing Training
Selling your own digital product is a proven way to make money online. However, it may not be for everybody, and it is not recommended for beginners.
If creating a digital product is not for you, you can always start with Affiliate marketing.
Affiliates section is an 8-week training program. It focuses on promoting products listed in the Clickbank marketplace.
As an Affiliate, you are promoting other people’s products. In return, you earn a commission when a sale is made.
Affiliate marketing is a proven business model. It is suitable for a beginner who wants to start an online business.
Don’t get me wrong. It is not easy. It takes time and a lot of hard work.
Now let’s look at the course outline of the Affiliates section.
Week 1 Affiliate Marketing on Clickbank
This is the general introduction to the course.
Topics covered this week are:
- Affiliate Profit Plan
- Setting Up for Success
- Goal Setting
Week 2- Understanding Affiliate Marketing
In week 2, you will learn about the basics of Affiliate marketing. For those who are experienced in Affiliate marketing and have a general understanding of Clickbank, you can skip this week’s lesson.
- Affiliate Basic
- Navigating Through the Clickbank Marketplace
- Secrets of the Top Clickbank Products
Week 3- Finding Your Passion
In Week 3, you will learn about niche selection and product research. You might find this module to be general. Remember, you will be spending a lot of time and effort to produce content for your website. Choosing a niche and product that you are passionate about will make your work more fun and keep you motivated.
Here are the topics covered in Week 3:
- Discovering Your Passion
- Researching Products in Your Niche
- Picking the Perfect Product
Week 4- the Ultimate Affiliate Funnel
In this module, Adam teaches you to send traffic to a landing page where you are collect emails. Secondly, he explains why you should offer something for free in exchange for an email. In the last part of the module, Adam shows you how to use Clickbank Builder to build a Squeeze Page. Clickbank Builder is an upsell of this training. It is expensive. There are cheaper alternatives such as Thrive Architect. Do not rush to buy Clickbank Builder just yet.
Here are the topics covered in Week 4:
- The Truth About Traffic
- Affiliate Funnel 101
- Building Squeeze Pages
Week 5- Free, Free, Free: Always Over Deliver
Key concepts taught in this module are:
- Building a Relationship with Your List
- Different Ways to Deliver Free Content
- Outsourcing Your Content
Week 6- Writing The Perfect Swipe
- Getting Them to Open the Email
- Making Sure They Click
- Offering Bonuses
Week 7- The Email Blueprint
This module teaches the very basics of email marketing using Aweber.
- Using Broadcasts
- Automating Your Emails
- Creating Quality Content
Week 8- Scaling and Expanding
This module is an introduction to the Traffic section and Product vendor section. There is not much new material in this module.
- Toolkit Traffic Area
- Opening the Flood Gates
- Creating a Product
Bonus – Running Affiliate Promotions
- Intro to Affiliate Promotions
- The Soft Sell
- The Hard Sell
The Traffic section covers the traffic generation methods that work best for the CBU team. This section only focuses on paid traffic. While the modules in this section are of good quality, organic free traffic training is completely missing here.
There are 2 main modules in this section:
- Facebook Advertising
- Instagram shoutouts
CBU team claims that these two strategies are tested, and were successful. If you have money to spare, you will find this section valuable.
I would expect a complete internet marketing covers all types of traffic generation methods. Clickbank University 2.0 falls short in this department.
This section focuses on the technical side of the business. You will find a series of short how-to videos for different tools.
I want to clarify that the tools mentioned in this section are not necessarily the best in the market. Instead, you should take it as “Recommended tools” by the CBU team. Besides, some of the tools are expensive. Always try to shop around before committing to a purchase. You might want to check out my resource page for some ideas.
Here are the topics covered in this module:
- Setting Up a Custom Domain with GoDaddy
- Creating a Sales Presentation with PowerPoint
- Video Editing with Camtasia
- Recording Your Sales Video with Camtasia
- Camtasia Alternative APowersoft for Screen Recording
- Design Banners, Posts, & Giveaways with Canva
- Setting Up Your Funnel with CB Builder
- Split Testing with Visual Website Optimizer
- Increasing Conversions with Optinmonk
- Enhance Your Social Media Activity with Hootsuite
- Outsourcing with UpWork
- Sending Broadcasts and Automating with AWeber
- Demographic Research with Google & Twitter
How much does Clickbank University 2.0 cost?
Is Clickbank University free? No.
Clickbank University 2.0 charges $47 per month for a membership.
There are two upsells mentioned in the course:
- Clickbank Builder costs $594. Other payment options are 2 x payments of $297 or 7 x payments of $97
- Advanced Training costs $97 or 2 x payments of $49
Besides, Clickbank University 2.0 offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can request a refund within 30 days of purchase if you are not happy with the course.
Pros & Cons of Clickbank University 2.0
- An excellent guide for Product Vendors
- Clickbank training created by the Clickbank team.
- 30-day Money-back Guarantee
- Clickbank Builder is an expensive upsell.
- Advanced Training is another upsell. You need to pay more to get advanced materials.
- Affiliate marketing training contents are average. There are better affiliate marketing training in the market.
- Limited training in the Traffic section. It limits to paid traffic.
Final Thoughts – Is Clickbank University 2.0 legit?
Clickbank University 2.0 is legit. It is definitely NOT a scam.
The highlight of the training is the vendor section. It provides details from creating digital products to marketing them.
However, it falls short at the Affiliate marketing section. For better Affiliate marketing training at a similar price range, I would recommend Wealthy Affiliate.
Wealthy Affiliate vs Clickbank University 2.0
I know I am running the risk of being called biased. But let’s have a look at the table below, I have listed out the differences between Clickbank University 2.0 and Wealthy Affiliate.
In conclusion, I recommend Clickbank University 2.0 for those who are looking at creating own products. If you are only interested in promoting other people’s products, Clickbank University 2.0 might not be the best choice for you.
This is my review of Clickbank University 2.0.
Do you have any experience with Clickbank University 2.0? or do you have any questions? Leave me a comment. I am happy to help.