This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure for more info!
Are you running a website or a blog but not sure how to start monetizing it? Are you struggling to find affiliate products to promote? If this is you, you have come to the right place.
In this post, I want to help you to find the best Affiliate Network that suits you, so you can start making money off your blog.
I am going to show you a list of 9 best Affiliate Networks for beginners.
We will look into some details of them such as history, commission payment, and product range, etc.
My goal is to help you to choose the right network(s) for your affiliate marketing needs.
Let’s get started.
- What is Affiliate Marketing?
- What is an Affiliate Network?
- The 9 Best Affiliate Networks for beginners
- Amazon Associates
- eBay Partner Network (EPN)
- Rakuten Marketing
- Avangate Affiliate Network
- CJ Affiliate
- Which Affiliate Network should you join?
- Are you new to Affiliate Marketing? Are you looking for training to get you up to speed?
What is Affiliate Marketing?
The basic concept of Affiliate Marketing is to promote other people’s products in return for a commission.
How does affiliate marketing work?
As an affiliate marketer, you act as a bridge between customers (your website visitors) and product owners.
You offer value or solution to your visitor’s problem.
At the same time, you recommend products of your choice and lead them to the merchant.
If your visitor makes a purchase, you earn a commission.
What is an Affiliate Network?
An Affiliate Network is a Middle man between product vendors (merchants) and affiliate marketers.
It makes it easier for affiliate marketers to find products that are suitable for his/her niche and marketing strategies.
It is a mutually beneficial arrangement.
Affiliate marketers have access to a wide range of products, and merchants have the means to expand their reach to the new audiences.
Without further ado, let’s get to it.
The 9 Best Affiliate Networks for beginners
If you have been working on Affiliate Marketing for a while, you’ve probably heard of ClickBank.
ClickBank is best known as one of the biggest affiliate networks for digital products like e-book, videos, and software.
It is a marketplace for product vendors and affiliates.
Facts about ClickBank:
- Established Network: Founded in 1998, ClickBank is one of the oldest Affiliate Networks with a global presence.
- Reliable Technical: ClickBank offers secure payment processing, refund, reliable tracking and commission payouts.
- Minimum Commission payout threshold: $10
- Flexible Payout Schedule: ClickBank offers a flexible commission payment schedule. You can choose to receive payout weekly or monthly as long as the threshold amount is met.
- Payment Methods: Checks, Direct Deposit, Wire Transfer, and Payoneer. Paypal payment is not available at the time of writing.
Who should join ClickBank?
If you are interested in selling your own digital products, ClickBank provides you a venue to meet tens of thousands of affiliate marketers.
They are keen to promote your product for a commission.
On the other hand, as an affiliate marketer, you can find a big collection of products on ClickBank. You can start making money by selling the products that suit your niche.
ShareAsale has been in business for over 20 years. It is one of the oldest and most popular affiliate networks. Awin acquired ShareASale in 2017.
ShareASale offers both digital and physical products.
On the Digital Products side, you can find a big collection of WordPress themes, plugins, Web Hosting services, Writing tools, etc.
For Physical Products, you can find Home & Garden tools, Fashion products, Health equipment, Automotive products, etc.
You need to apply to each merchant individually and be approved.
Facts about ShareASale
- Established and reliable: 20 years in the business, ShareASale has a good track record as an Affiliate Network.
- Global presence: ShareASale was acquired by Awin in 2017. It provides further international opportunities for both advertisers and publishers.
- Consistent commission payout: Commissions of over $50 threshold are paid on the 20th of each month.
- Payment methods: Checks, Direct Deposit, Wire Transfer, and Payoneer. Paypal payment is not available at the time of writing.
Who should join ShareASale?
Anyone. Both new and experienced affiliate marketers.
ShareASale offers a big collection of affiliate programs. It is easy to sign up. No matter what niche you are in, you can find something worth promoting.
Who does not know Amazon? Seriously?
It is one of the biggest online shopping platforms.
Amazon offers an affiliate program, called Amazon Associates.
Started in 1996, it is one of the first affiliate networks around.
Amazon is one of the best networks if you are interested in promoting physical products.
As an Amazon Associate, you can earn a commission on almost everything that is sold on Amazon.
The uniqueness of the Amazon Associates program is that you earn a commission on everything your referral purchases on the Amazon platform, including products that you did not link to.
Facts about Amazon Associates
- Established network: Backed by Amazon, Amazon Associates program is a stable and reliable program for affiliate marketers.
- Wide range of products: Million products available to advertise to your customers.
- Easy to sign up: Just one approval is required. There are no third-party advertisers approvals.
- Commission structure: a flat-rate commission based on the category of your product.
- Low Minimum Payout: $10 for Amazon Gift card or direct deposit.
- Some categories offer a commission as low as 1%.
Who Should Join Amazon Associates?
Affiliate marketers who are interested in promoting physical and digital products.
Commissions are not the highest, but there is a good range of products available for you to promote.
FlexOffers is an award-winning affiliate platform.
It offers millions of products and services across a collection of over 12,000 affiliate programs.
You can find a big range of advertisers, from big to small on the FlexOffers platform.
Some of the big names including Lenovo, Priceline, and Macy’s are on the FlexOffers network.
Facts about FlexOffers:
- Relatively new network: Over 10 years in the business. Founded in 2008, it is relatively new, but it does have a lot to offer.
- Dedicated account manager: Every publisher is assigned to a dedicated account manager. The account manager will help you to achieve the best marketing result.
- Commission Payout Threshold: $25, $100 for Paypal.
- Quick commission payout: Commission that meets the minimum threshold is paid within 30 days. The top performers can expect to be paid within 7 days.
- Payment options: Checks and Direct Deposits are available for U.S residents. Paypal is available for those outside the U.S.
Who Should Join FlexOffers?
Affiliate marketers who are looking for a network that offers a big variety of products, quick commission payouts, and excellent support should look into FlexOffers.
eBay Partner Network (EPN)
Along with Amazon, eBay is another largest e-Commerce platform.
You probably buy or sell something on the eBay platform before.
But, did you know you can also be an affiliate marketer for eBay? You bet.
Relatively new to the scene, eBay Partner Network (EPN) was formed in 2008. It is backed by eBay.
Facts about eBay Partner Network (EPN)
- Relatively New: EPN is relatively new, but it is backed by eBay. And it has a lot to offer.
- Easy to join: EPN is beginner-friendly. Even if your website is new, with little to no traffic, you can start with EPN.
- Low Commission Payout threshold: Commission is paid monthly as long as it is the threshold of $10 (or equivalent amount of your home currency) is met.
- Payment methods: Direct Deposit or Paypal payment.
- An affiliate earns between 50%-70% of what eBay makes on the product sale.
Who Should Join eBay Partner Network (EPN)?
If your focus is on promoting physical products, eBay Partner Network (EPN) suits you.
Rakuten Marketing (formerly known as LinkShare) has been around for more than 20 years.
It is a trusted name. The network includes big-name merchants such as Walmart, Best Buy, Macy’s, etc.
Facts about Rakuten Marketing:
- One of the oldest affiliate networks: Founded in 1996, Rakuten Marketing (previously known as LinkShare) has been in the business for over 20 years.
- Voted as No.1 affiliate network by mTHINK for 9 years in a row.
- Commission Payout Threshold: $50 (USD, CAD, GBP, EUR, BRL, AUD) depending on the network country.
- Commission Payout: Rakuten Marketing pays you only after the merchant has paid them. So the payment schedule might be sporadic.
- Payment methods: Check, Direct deposit, and Paypal.
Who Should Join Rakuten Marketing?
Affiliate Marketers who are looking for a reputable affiliate network and focus on working with big-name merchants. Rakuten Marketing is a solid choice.
Awin (formerly known as Affiliate Window) was founded in Germany. It is one of the popular affiliate networks out there.
It has more than 13,000 merchants onboard. You can find a good range of products, including both physical and digital products.
Some of the well-known brands on the networks are:
AWin acquired ShareASale in 2017. At the time of writing, two companies are run separately and each has its own affiliate network.
Facts about AWin:
- Established network: Awin has been in the business for more than 20 years.
- Global presence: AWin is part of the Axel Springer and United Internet Groups with 15 offices worldwide.
- AWin generated $15 billion in revenue for its advertisers and $714 million for its publishers in the last financial year.
- Low minimum commission payout threshold: $20
- Sign up fee: $5 sign up fee, which will only be refunded if you are approved.
Who Should Join AWin?
Affiliate Marketers who are looking for a network that provides a wide range of products and with a global presence. AWin also provides dedicated WordPress plugin to help blogger to import products into the WordPress site.
Avangate Affiliate Network
Avangate Affiliate Network is an award-winning network that focuses on software and digital goods.
Avangate Affiliate Network was awarded Best CPS/Affiliate Network from 2015 to 2019 by BlueBook.
Facts About Avangate Affiliate Network:
- Avangate Affiliate Network focuses on software and digital products. You can find big-name brands like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Awario, IObit, etc on the network.
- Avangate acquired 2Checkout in 2017.
- Minimum commission payout: $100
- Payment methods: Paypal
- You can find merchants that offer high commission payout.
Who Should Join Avangate Affiliate Network?
Affiliate Marketers who focus on software or digital products.
CJ Affiliate by Conversant was formerly known as Commission Junction.
It is one of the oldest and most trusted affiliate networks. Founded in 1998, CJ Affiliate has established itself as the leader of the industry.
CJ Affiliate is an established network, you can connect to thousands of merchants, big or small.
Some of the popular brands using CJ Affiliate are:
- Office Depot
Facts about CJ Affiliate:
- One of the largest and oldest Affiliate Networks
- A big collection of brands and products to choose from
- CJ Affiliate is part of Alliance Data Systems which is a Fortune 300 company.
- Commission Payout threshold: US$50 for Direct Deposit or US$100 for Check
- Payment methods: Direct deposit or checks. No Paypal payment.
- Free to sign up as a publisher
Who should join CJ Affiliate?
While CJ Affiliate is the largest network, it might not be the best choice for beginners.
It works best if you have an established audience base for your website.
CJ Affiliate deactivates account if you go six-months without earning a commission. Besides, Some of the merchants on the CJ Affiliate’s network are picky on publishers.
I include CJ Affiliate as the end of my recommended list because it is the largest and offers plenty of opportunities to affiliate marketers.
It is worth to keep CJ Affiliate in your playbook.
Which Affiliate Network should you join?
Now you have the 9 best affiliate networks in your book. Which one should you join?
It depends. There isn’t any restriction. You can join as many affiliate networks as you want. But it does not make sense to do so.
As a quick guide, you might want to consider the following points when choosing your affiliate network(s):
- When can you expect to get paid?
- Do you focus more on physical or digital goods?
- Do you prefer Paypal payment?
These are just a few considerations to take into account.
Affiliate Networks present the opportunities for you to monetize your hard work.
So, go digging now! You have been working hard creating content, now is the time to generate your online income.
Are you new to Affiliate Marketing? Are you looking for training to get you up to speed?
Check out my recommended affiliate marketing training here.
Do you have any experience with the Affiliate Networks listed here?
Do you have any questions or comments?
Feel free to drop me a line in the comment section. I’d love to hear from you.